Welcome to the page of
Personal Amount Raised
Personal fundraising goal: $4,000.00
Thank you for your support!
Why I'm Participating...
I ride in honor of my husband, Matt, who was diagnosed in March 2021. A...L...S: Three letters that that stole this man's independence, but not his spirit. Every day is a challenge that Matt chooses to face confidence and grace.
What is ALS?
Often referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of it's ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe.
Why We Need Your Help
Every 90 minutes a person in this country is diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic boundaries.
1. The average life expectancy of an ALS patient is two to five years from the time of diagnosis.
2. Every 90 minutes someone in this country is diagnosed with ALS, and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease.
3. ALS can strike anyone. Presently there is no known cause of the disease. Someone you know or love may die from ALS unless a cure is found.
4. Caring for a loved one with ALS costs on average of $200,000 each year.
5. United States Military Veterans are twice as likely to develop ALS, in comparison to those who have not served.