ALS Golden West
ALS Golden West supports people living with ALS and their loved ones in 31 counties throughout California and the state of Hawaii. Everything we do advances the search for effective treatments and cures for ALS.
About ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that slowly robs a person of the ability to walk, speak, swallow, and eventually breathe. With no known cause or cure, a person can expect to live typically 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis.
Create a world without ALS
To discover treatments and cures for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
Our Core Values
COMPASSION | INTEGRITY | URGENCY
Our Guiding Principles
- People with ALS and their families come first
- One team, one vision, one mission
- Accountability and transparency
- Diversity and inclusion
- Open communication and dialogue
Our Strategic Outcomes
Recognized interdependence between care and research.
People with ALS and their families have:
- Access to consistent care, treatment and services
- Resource and support services that enhance quality of life
- Quality care and support leveraged by collaboration with partners
Discover new life-extending treatment:
- Drive worldwide research agenda with urgency and boldness to improve outcomes for people with ALS
- Collaborate with partners in a comprehensive and diverse research model
- Facilitate the rapid development of new treatment options to extend and enhance quality of life while seeking a cure
For more information about ALS Golden West, please visit a www.alsagoldenwest.org.